9.29.2011




Barbeque Short Rib Sandwich


Another crapola iphone photo, but an awesome sandwich. Short Ribs are one of my favorite foods, so I was really excited to see them at Whole Foods! While I was at the store, I also picked up shallots, garlic, sesame seed buns, and an awesome 3 year aged white cheddar. The cheese was the best, costing me less than 3 dollars! The next morning, I threw the short ribs, along with the garlic and shallots into the crockpot, set it on low, and added a liiiittle bit of vegetable stock so the meat wouldn't dry out. Since I was scheduled at work for that night, I left it on low (with a supervisor of course) for almost 8 hours, until I got home later that night. At that point, the bone came right out, perfectly clean! I tossed the super tender beef with my faaaavorite barbeque sauce, Sweet Baby Rays. I put the cheese on the buns, and stuck them under the broiler for about 30 seconds until the cheese melted and the buns were nice and toasty. This was seriously one of the best barbeque sandwiches I've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment